Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How Long Will I Carry These Bones?

And I'm so far from not caring.
And I'm so far from not caring.
And I'm so far from not caring.
And I'm so far from not caring.



I miss:
wearing my hair in a ponytail.
walking barefoot.
rain.
my beautiful Youth for Jesus family.
children.
being outside of this country.
biting people.
silence being okay.
watching Gilmore Girls with my mom (and dad).
Grandmama's cornbread.
ribbons that lead to a "water bed" at Christmas.
babysitting.
Zaxby's.
not having bangs.
inside jokes I've had since kindergarten.
"Once upon a time, a goose drank wine, a monkey chewed tobacco on a street car line. The car broke. The monkey choked. And they all went to heaven on a billy goat."
Gulf Shores.
Target pizzas.

I'm thankful for now because of:
writing letters.
good music.
Sierra Mist in the caf.
gazebos and tulips and gardeners.
soteriology.
declaring a double major in religion and English with a writing emphasis and a minor in education.
Marcus the pizza guy.
Milky Way Midnights.
the picture of my mom next to my bed.
crochet.
writing and rambling.
the cold.
good movies.
nice friends.
the thing that I use to wash my dishes. It's so handy.
getting good at talking on the phone.
autumn.
my Oxford sweatshirt I stole from my mom.

1 comment:

  1. Milky way Midnights...mmm. Although I'm kinda over that craving.

    Anything you need to tell us about Marcus?? ;)

    ReplyDelete