Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Deliver Me.

"We all have emotional needs: the need to love, to be loved, to be accepted, to feel a sense of accomplishment, to feel a sense of self-worth, to feel important, to feel needed, to protect ourselves, to attain status in our own eyes and in the eyes of others, to be secure."
That is from my rhetoric book. Highly insightful for a book on debate.


This is a prayer.
We prayed one very similar to it at a prayer walk at that church that SMI partners with during Easter. And I suppose always.



Lord deliver me from the desire to be noticed,
                from the desire to be loved,
                from the desire to be exalted.
Lord deliver me from the desire to be favored, 
                from the desire to be popular,
                from the desire to be chosen,
                from the desire to be acknowledged.
Lord deliver me from the fear of being wrong,
                from the fear of being forgotten,
                from the fear of being ignored.
Lord deliver me from the fear of being humiliated,
                from the fear of being left behind.
Grant that I may seek to comfort rather than be comforted by others.
Grant that I may understand and love more than be understood and loved well.
Lord deliver me from the desire to be noticed and encouraged.
Lord deliver me from the desire to be appreciated and included.
Lord deliver me from me.
Lord deliver me to You.

That is just something I need sometimes. Like now. And always.
This prayer is beautiful, I think.

Lord, deliver me from the desire to be noticed.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.

    Bec this is wonderful :)

    I needed this now, and always will as you said.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Love you and can't wait for you to come back again!

    ReplyDelete