Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This is Haley.

This is Haley.
She is one of my favorites.
She is my best beast.
This picture is blurry because she did not take it.
I did.
If she took it, it would have been beautiful.
I would put her flickr thing on here so you could believe me, but I don't really know if that's my place.
Haley's got brains AND brawn.
She's the whole package.

Quite truly I would like to tell you about my Haley.
This story has several different beginnings, but we can start in Costa Rica. Because so many good things start in Costa Rica.
Haley went on a mission trip with me to Costa Rica. That week was a hard and beautiful time of my life. There's nothing like working side-by-side with someone for Jesus to weld your souls together. And that's what happened. Before Costa, Haley thought I hated her, and I thought Haley hated me. Then, miracle! Friends Forever.
In Costa Rica, we depended a lot on each other.
And after Costa Rica, we depended a lot on each other.
Haley shows me what it means to be known by your love.
She shows me that it's possible to be selfless.
And she shows me that breaking can be really, really good.
Haley is someone who knows what it means to be loved and redeemed by Christ.
She belongs to the Lord.
She knows what I am feeling sometimes before I feel it.
And she knows how to say words that sometimes I can't.
And she is blessed with marvelous gifts and talents. She is gifted and talented. Put her in a special smarty school.
She takes pictures that mean things and say things and are a beauty to behold.
She loves like other people don't.
She has a way of understanding and desiring scripture in a beautiful way.
She is wise beyond her years.
I love her as my friend and as my sister.

This is Haley.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment