Thursday, February 14, 2013

This is Just to Say.

Here are some things!

I planned a great prank this week. What you do is you go to someone's computer who is writing a paper and you change a bunch of the words to other words that won't show up with a red squiggle under them. For example, "One small example of how these premises will morph to fit our future needs..." equals, "One smell experiment of how theses promises will mufasa to fir our feature needs..." Only, Mufasa will probably get underlined and blow your whole cover. But he's worth it.

Another thing I thought of is a Lenten season movie. It is a comedy to bring some levity to the somber season. It features Danny Kaye as a deacon who misplaces the palm leaves from the previous Palm Sunday, so he is running around trying to find something similar to burn. But, his overseeing priest, Bing Crosby, is inconveniently always around. Then they both find love and the palm leaves, but only Danny can get married. But Bing finds solace in song. And Jimmy Stewart is there giving one of his loving monologues to a girl. "It-it-it's like you bathe in holy water, Mary. I can feel it when I touch your fingers and y-your hair, and I can see it in your eyeballs. I love you, Mary. Oh goldarn this Lenten season! Just kiss me, Mary."
(Sorry if I overindulged myself on that one. I really like those three guys.)

On a similar note, I went to Ash Wednesday mass yesterday. I really enjoyed it. A song we sang said something like this, "More sparing let us make the words we speak, the food we take." I had not thought of Lent as a time to make our words more sparing, but I think it is a beautiful idea. I am trying to ascribe to that, but we all know how hard that is for me. I think it would be a lovely way to celebrate. Silence is careful and special. But mostly it feels scary for me.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment