Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cause I'll Be Leaving in the Fall.

Well. This is it. 17 days til I move to Nashville. It's here.
And, at this point in time, I'm a teense spooked. A new town. A new school. A new church. A new people. Not my old town. Or my old school. Or my old church. Or my old people.
This is change. The most change I've had. As you may know, I was born and bred on Shades Mountain. So this is quite a leap. 202.91 miles, to be exact. I've got hops.
And in 17 days, I'm gonna close my eyes, bend my knees, and leap, full force into the thriving metropolis of Nashville, TN, and into the tulip-clad gazebo-ed lawns of Belmont University.
So, in preparation for this leap, I made a blog. This blog is for those of you still in B'ham who care about me. It is so that you won't lose touch, forget my face, my name, my smell. Well, I may not be able to preserve the smell thing, this being the internet and all, but, it's the principle. I don't want this to be like The Tallest Man on Earth said, "And I plan to be forgotten when I'm gone, cause I'll be leaving in the fall." The Wild Hunt. That link is the song. Listen to it if you like good music.
So Let's do this, people. Let's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment