Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Good Walters for You All.

The name Walter is a good name. I'd actually have to say I've never met a bad Walter. This is the name that, if I ever have a son, I want to name him. And I mean that seriously, not as a joke. Many of you seem to think that Walter is not a suitable name for my possible child, so I have compiled a list of good Walters to prove my point.

Before we begin, get into the Walter mood with the Kinks.

And... Go.

1. Walter Boggis from Wes Anderson's The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Also from Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Walter Boggis is very fat. "He's got a head like the top of a boiled egg and a bristly, greasy moustache." (from Roald Dahl's book.)




2. Walt Disney.

Some of you may have heard of the creator of Disney, Walter Elias "Walt" Disney. Yes, indeed. There's a Walter for you.














3. Walter Leveille.
 He used to do my dad's job. And he's Scott's dad. And a good man.













4. Walter from Sleepless in Seattle














5. Jane Roommate's Uncle Wally.
He just got married.


















6. Walter Cronkite.
The man, the legend. He is my favorite Walter.

















7. Walter, Zac + Cara Settle's Meemaw's ex-boyfriend.
His squash is KILLER.

8. Walter Davis Jr.
He was an American hard bop piano player.
















9. Sir Walter Raleigh.
He was an English aristocrat, writer, poet, soldier, courtier, spy and explorer who is also largely known for popularising tobacco in England.










10. Walter Egan.
Walter Egan is an American rock musician, best known for his 1978 gold status hit single "Magnet and Steel" from his album Not Shy. The song reached #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #32 on the Australian Singles Chart.






11. Walter Johnson.
Walter Perry Johnson (November 6, 1887 – December 10, 1946), nicknamed The Big Train, was a right-handed pitcher in Major League Baseball. He played his whole career on the Washington Senators from 1907–1927.

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to re-write The Importance of Being Earnest...make it The Importance of Being Walter.

    ReplyDelete